Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cleansing at the vernal equinox

My cleanse is still in progress. I am using advice and recipes from Whole Living Healthy Detox website. I've stopped trying to do it perfectly...just figuring it out as I go along. Went to Wyldwood Sojourn on Friday for one of Karen's workshops: Gesturing Resurrection. We did a lot, as usual. Edgar started us off by teaching as "gestures" from the Commedia dell'Arte such as admiration, adoration, terror, horror, entreaty and dismissal. Great fun! Later in the evening, we went down to the yurt behind the house. I fell down and hit a tree. Head and thumb seemed to be hurt the most. When I got to the yurt, we lay down on the ground amongst the trees and imagined ourselves as corpses. Karen anointed us with funeral oil and chanted something significant and left us there to meditate. The stars were magnificent!  I stayed there even after everyone else went into the yurt for the dark lodge. If I hadn't gotten cold, I would have stayed all night...I'd like to think so anyway. After that we went back up to the house and had a seder-like meal communally.  I did not do anything about my thumb which hurt more and more. I hoped it would just go away by itself. We went to bed late but I still couldn't get to sleep. After a very long time, I finally got up and went downstairs. It was pitch dark. Thankfully I had Carole's flashlight to see the clock: 2:30 pm.  I went outside to see if I could find some snow for an icepack as Maureen does not have a freezer, but the snow was too far off the track for me to get to it. Back inside, I out a log in the woodstove and sat in the rocking chair to watch the stars out the window.  One of the cats named Celina jumped up on my lap and curled up on my chest, purring and nuzzling me. I nuzzled back and spent a long time like that. The arm of the rocking chair was a good place to rest my throbbing hand.  I fell alseep for a little while and when I woke up, the moon had risen--a big crescent moon, glowing golden...such a treat to make up for my injuries. Around 6 am Karen found me and asked what was the matter. She gave me some gentle sympathy and some Advil. Then I laid back down and let it work it's pain numbing magic, until breakfast arrived. It is late now and I need to go to sleep. Perhaps I will finish this tomorrow. Dream sweet dreams...

No comments: